This job post is no longer available
Maritime Intelligence Analyst at Sonalysts, Inc.
Arlington, VA, USA
$96.000 - $120.000
17 May → 16 Jun
Sonalysts, Inc. is seeking an intelligence analyst with critical thinking and effective communication skills to perform analysis for the Critical Infrastructure Protection team. The successful candidate will be a key contributor evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all-source intelligence and open source information into top-level assessments. This work will be located at the customer site in Suitland, MD.
What you will be doing
Effectively applying knowledge of advanced research methodologies and analytical techniques and/or collection management systems to complex work assignment. Evaluate and integrate all-source intelligence information to produce/contribute to tailored intelligence products in response to customer requirements.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, evaluates and integrates complex data from multiple sources in assessing the relevance and significance of developments in his/her assigned area(s), and in preparing new or revising prior intelligence products.
- Maintains data bases for intelligence assignments required to process all-source material and the production of technical or operational intelligence in assigned area(s).
- Identifies intelligence gaps.
- Uses initiative and resourcefulness in deviating from traditional methods or researching trends and patterns to propose new methods, criteria, or policies.
- Responsible for carrying out the assignment, resolving most of the conflicts that arise and implementing policy in terms of established objectives.
- With minimal guidance the employee shall conduct tracking, analysis and reporting on the location and operations of assigned Vessels of Interest (VOI).
- Maintain tactical awareness of assigned VOIs.
- Conduct all-source analysis on threats to critical infrastructure.
Requirements / Qualifications
Must be a U.S. citizen with an active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance*
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2+ years of intelligence analysis experience or Master's Degree and 0-2 years of intelligence analysis experience. Specialized training & 6+ year’s intelligence analysis experience, or, credentialed subject matter expert or recognized specialist in relevant field is acceptable if education requirements cannot be met.
Excellent interpersonal skills in interacting with customers, colleagues and other technical staff in a courteous and friendly manner, and a positive goal-oriented attitude in the workplace.
Demonstrated ability to present information clearly and concisely in both written and oral presentation.
Experience with Geographical Information Systems (ESRI ArcGIS preferred).
Background in foreign maritime analysis or critical infrastructure protection.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.