This job post is no longer available
Maritime Investigator at Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line
Miami, FL, USA
14 May → 13 Jun
We are seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Director of Marine Investigations in our Incident Analysis Group (“IAG”), to conduct independent investigations of higher-level incidents and accidents across all operating lines.
IAG is part of the Ethics and Compliance Department and serves our entire fleet. This individual will conduct investigations to help fully understand root causes to prevent recurrence; extract “lessons learned” from incidents (and not assigning blame) to strengthen a learning culture; develop effective and practical corrective and preventive actions; determine whether root causes or underlying issues are systemic; and assess how best to share the “lessons learned” throughout the entire fleet.
- When assigned as lead investigator, functions will include: leads incident investigations including event recognition and classification, data collection, performs thorough root cause analysis, other data analysis, witness interviews, recommendation development and disposition, report composition and presentation; collaborates with subject matter experts as required.
- When not assigned as lead investigator, functions will include: trains and mentors subject matter experts assigned to lead investigations in the investigation process as well as reviewing and analyzing the root cause analysis performed.
- Communicates investigation results and lessons learned internally to employees and management including, but not limited to, reports, summary documents, proposed corrective and preventative actions, presentations, and resources.
- Tracks and reports on progress and status of assigned investigations; ensures timely completion of high-quality investigations; ensures documentation content meets standards and is complete, accurate, and timely.
- Analyzes incident statistics and trends; proactively identifies patterns and improvement opportunities; compiles and publishes routine investigation performance metrics consistent with established process requirements.
- Uses knowledge of cruise ship operations/departments/equipment and knowledge of critical work processes such as, but not limited to, PMS, risk assessments, process hazard analysis, HESS procedures, etc. to identify recurring causes of incidents and repeat incidents.
- Serves as representative to the NTSB, USCG, Flag State, and other pertinent outside authorities in public/non-public accident investigations or other marine accident investigations of interest to those organizations; serves as designated representative in international investigations conducted under IMO rules.
Requirements / Qualifications
Serves as representative to the NTSB, USCG, Flag State, and other pertinent outside authorities in public/non-public accident investigations or other marine accident investigations of interest to those organizations; serves as designated representative in international investigations conducted under IMO rules.
Graduate of the FBI Academy, Federal Law Enforcement Training Centre, or equivalent.
Former Federal Government Special Agent (1811 series), Scotland Yard detective, or HM Revenue and Customs investigation or intelligence officer.
10 years of leadership experience with: Examining records, collecting, and documenting evidence, and establishing contacts with appropriate government agencies; conducting interviews or interrogations of all people involved in an incident; assessing ongoing investigations for weaknesses or clues that were missed; Preparing required reports and forms.
Benefits/What We offer
A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
Employee Stock Purchase plan
Paid vacation and sick time
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
How To Apply
Apply through Legaljobs.