This job post is no longer available
Paralegal, L&E and EHS/Regulatory at W. R. Grace & Co
W. R. Grace & Co
$68.000 - $107.000
26 Apr → 26 May
W.R. Grace & Co.’s in-house labor & employment and environmental, health, and safety practice groups seek a bright, motivated, collaborative and creative individual who can work independently, has strong writing and organizational skills, strict attention to detail, and the ability to manage conflicting priorities. A Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate is required. Must be computer savvy; some experience with on-line research is a plus. Excellent benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Assist lawyers by reviewing documents for due diligence; supporting responses to enforcement actions and other regulatory agency requests; filing, chronologizing, and organizing documents; and creating and managing document systems. Experience in legal research, and environmental compliance, clean-up, and transactional matters would be particularly useful. Assist lawyers in all aspects of labor and employment legal support, including but not limited to employment and separation agreements, EEOC charges and employment litigation, HR policies and procedures, preparation of HR training and all matters related to legal support of the HR function at Grace.
Labor & Employment Responsibilities:
- Conduct basic legal research on labor and employment-related issues
- Organize and maintain all labor and employment related files
- Review and revise employment related agreements, discovery & investigation responses and litigation correspondence related to labor and employment issues
- Assist attorneys with case research and briefings for court or administrative actions related to labor and employment cases
- Assist in drafting, preparation and implementation of legal-related employment processes, presentations, policies and benefit plans
- Work collaboratively with appropriate departments and functions within Grace to carry out responsibilities
- Respond to questions, subpoenas, requests for records, documentation, contracts and other requests from third parties and within Grace
- Perform additional tasks as required by the labor and employment legal team
- Support Grace's environmental, health, and safety legal team in addressing remediation matters, responding to enforcement, and advising on other regulatory matters.
- Assist in reviewing documents for due diligence for corporate transactions.
- Draft and review memoranda, letters, reports, and other documents.
- Assist in the development of legal presentations.
- Understand and use document management software and technology in support of routine advice, remediation and enforcement response
- Assist in electronic and paper filing, chronologizing, and organizing of documents, files and papers.
- Conduct legal research.
- Interact with professionals outside the company including outside lawyers, customers, vendors, and government and non-government agencies and organizations.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage a heavy workload
- High degree of collaborative and team building skills
- Work well with people from all levels of the organization
- Personal accountability for work and work product
- Ability to work autonomously with a business-oriented proactive disposition
- Inspire client confidence in work product and judgment
- Minimum seven (7) years of paralegal experience
- In-house legal department, law firm, or government agency experience
- Legal research and writing experience
- Substantive experience with operations regulated by EPA, FDA, or OSHA desired.
- Paralegal certificate
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Grace Wellness Program
- Flexible Workplace
- Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Company Match – Dollar to dollar up to the first 6%
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Donation Match Program
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.