This job post is no longer available
Law Firm Intake Specialist at Shupe Dhawan
26 Apr → 26 May
Our law office is growing fast and we’re searching for a full-time legal intake specialist to help us succeed! You’ll serve as the compassionate voice of our law firm, fielding inbound calls from prospective clients in their time of need, screening, and surveying for potential cases, and helping our lawyers manage their meetings.
Our ideal candidate is great on the phone, a naturally compassionate and empathetic listener, and has a dedication to customer service and a passion for helping those in need. You’ll have an opportunity to help a thriving law firm succeed and make a tangible difference in our client’s lives every day. If this sounds like a job you’d love, apply now!
We’ll provide the training and resources to help you flourish in your role on a tight-knit, supportive, and passionate legal team. If you have prior customer service experience, great communication skills, and a passion for helping others, apply today!
These are warm leads coming into the firm. Prior sales experience will be beneficial for the right candidate as the salary is designed to reward performance through bonus compensation based on clients signed up with the firm.
- Process new client leads from various referral and marketing sources
- Nurture existing and prior client relationships
- Assist with new clients retaining the firm for legal work
- Enter new case information into the firm’s lead management software and file management software
- Assist with marketing campaigns by sending materials to prospects and referral partners
- Send engagement letters and solicit payment for engaging clients
- Help foster prospective client streams by providing input into awareness and law firm partnerships initiatives alongside the marketing team
- Conduct various tasks around the office such as managing spreadsheets, writing emails, faxing and copying, and transcribing notes to make sure all processes run smoothly
- Screen incoming potential client phone calls to make sure the case falls within the scope of the firm, while helping the caller feel heard and understood
- Manage attorney schedules, including prospective client consultations, to foster caseload growth
- Supervise new client onboarding and current client files through data entry and paperwork collection to ensure our cases are managed efficiently
- Sales or customer service experience highly valued
- Full familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite, with advanced Excel proficiency
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Previous legal experience highly valued
- Excellent and empathetic verbal and written communication skills required
What skills and experience you’ll need:
- Prior experience in customer service, client relations, or a similar field is required
- Prior experience with sales is required
- Contact with the public, professionals, potential new clients, and clients is an essential job function.
- You should be comfortable with basic office technology: Windows, Word processing, Email, Calendaring, PowerPoint, Social media, PDF, electronic document management
- You need to demonstrate the capacity and desire to quickly learn and implement new technology and systems
- It is helpful, but not necessary, to have prior experience in a law firm or in the legal services industry
- Bilingual preferred
What attitudes and traits will serve you well:
- Ability to manage many tasks at one time
- Self-directed in your daily activities (e.,setting priorities, working toward deadlines)
- Conveys confidence on the phone, with a smile
- Shows empathy to clients and puts them at ease
- Personable, likable, someone clients and referral sources will compliment
- Organized and flexible
- Innovative in finding the best way to do your job and help the firm
- Willingness to take direction
- Flexibility to change priorities as needed throughout the day
- Changing gears and moving between tasks quickly without getting derailed (or derailing others)
- Being vocal; letting the partners/supervisors know what works/what doesn’t; who is a good client/who is not; who is a good referral source/who is not
- Knowing that there are things you don’t know; knowing when to ask questions; not being afraid to ask questions
We’re Shupe Dhawan, a boutique law firm located in Fort Lauderdale. The right person will want to be part of a team that delivers results and helps people during difficult and stressful times in their lives. You want to be challenged, not bored, by your work. You want to work with other people who enjoy what they do every day. You have hopes, goals, and dreams for yourself, and would be inspired by spending time with like-minded people. Finally, you can find passion and purpose in helping to accomplish a greater mission.
- 16 days of paid PTO
- Minimum of 8 days paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) after 1 year of employment