Senior Attorney at Conservation Law Foundation
Conservation Law Foundation
Boston, MA, USA
12 Jan → 11 Feb
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) is seeking a Senior Attorney to join our team working to protect New England’s environment for all people. The Senior Attorney will work with CLF’s Ocean Conservation team and will be based in one of the following CLF regional offices: Concord or Portsmouth, NH; Portland, ME; Providence, RI; or Boston, MA, with some opportunity for remote work within New England.
The Senior Attorney will work to advance the Ocean Conservation Program’s priorities and to promote solutions to the region’s biggest environmental challenges using litigation, policy, and legislative advocacy. Under the Ocean Conservation Program, the work will focus on sustainable fisheries management, ocean habitat protection, marine mammal protection and ocean planning.
- Devise and execute legal and policy strategies for achieving CLF’s advocacy goals
- Represent CLF in litigation and administrative proceedings
- Advise community and advocacy groups on legal and policy matters
- Build alliances and coalitions among stakeholders that may include environmental organizations, ocean users, scientists, public officials, businesses, and others
- Comment on administrative rules, state and federal permits, and other state and federal agency actions
- Write public educational materials, articles, opinion pieces and communicate about advocacy work through news and social media outlets
- Contribute to CLF’s strategic priorities and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and organizational excellence
Requirements / Qualifications
At least 7 years of relevant experience practicing law and experience in ocean law and policy or other relevant area of law
A law degree and active bar membership in good standing
A passion and commitment to the environment, public health, and/or social justice
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to put your analysis into writing that is easily understood
Ability to take initiative, solve problems, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment
Commitment to working collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues and partners
Experience in ocean policy and law
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.