Intellectual Property Paralegal at Techtronic Industries
Anderson, SC, USA
11 Jan → 10 Feb
Techtronic Industries Power Equipment is seeking an intellectual property paralegal with at least 5 years of experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department for its Anderson, South Carolina based business units. This position will report to Patent Counsel.
The ideal candidate would provide professional intellectual property paralegal services, with a particular focus on trademark and patent matters, to the company attorneys in order for the company to effectively transact all aspects of its business with an appropriate degree of risk and consistent with the company's legal and ethical obligations.
- Manage and maintain files relating to patent and trademark prosecution, licenses, and litigation
- Research and collect certain information relating to the company and its competitors
- Coordinate discovery and other efforts in intellectual property litigation matters
- Interact with business unit personnel, outside counsel, and federal/state agencies
- Under the direction of the company attorneys, conduct preliminary patent and trademark searching
- Contribute to the maximum effectiveness and cohesion of the company's legal department by actively participating and sharing in the work, mission, and continuous improvement of the department and by establishing and enhancing relationships with all levels of company employees
Requirements / Qualifications
At least 5 years of legal experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department, with substantive experience in intellectual property legal matters
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Ability to manage multiple matters/issues and projects simultaneously and complete assignments in a timely manner
Proficiency with technology including legal/business research databases, PowerPoint, Excel and Word applications
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.