Business Immigration Attorney - (NIV/RFE) - Legal Writer at Erickson Immigration Group
Erickson Immigration Group
$90.000 - $120.000
10 Jan → 09 Feb
Business Immigration - Attorney (NIV/RFE) - Legal Writer
Erickson Immigration Group has a career opportunity for an experienced Business Immigration - Attorney (NIV/RFE) - Legal Writer to join our expanding team in our Headquarters office, located in Arlington, VA.
Hybrid or Remote Work Schedule.
- The Business Immigration Attorney (NIV/RFE) - Legal Writer - will be responsible for preparing and filing responses to Requests for Evidence (RFE) issued by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and motions and appeals in response to denied cases.
- Initially, this will be limited to NIV cases (mostly H-1B and also TNs, E-3s, and H-1B1) but may expand to include L-1s and PERM audits.
- Intake all RFEs for non-immigrant (NIV) cases, assess and set initial strategy.
- Hold strategy call (s) with relevant stakeholders (Managers, Human Resources, Beneficiaries, or Dependents, as needed).
- Draft manager support letters and responses to unique requests.
- Supervise case preparation and review drafted responses prepared by Paralegals and staff.
- Provide consistent and proactive updates to stakeholders on case progress and outstanding items.
- Ensure that responses are filed timely.
- Monitor RFEs and the USCIS - Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) decisions and report to the wider team on trends and legal updates.
Requirements / Qualifications
U.S. Juris Doctor degree (J.D.).
Member of State Bar.
3+ years of business immigration attorney experience to include significant amount of writing responses to RFEs issued by the USCIS.
Work experience at the Administrative Appeals Office or the Board of Immigration Appeals or doing litigation on employment-based immigration cases could be a strong fit for this role.
Possess legal writing and research passion with enough experience and maturity to act as a Team Lead for the very experienced Paralegals and Law Clerks/Staff Attorneys on a small team.
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Effective written and verbal communications skills, as appropriate for the needs of the audience (clients, governmental agencies, internal and external resources).
Logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems.
Strong organizational & time management skills and ability to prioritize.
Ability to generate work product with considerable accuracy and attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
Works independently toward team goals.
Outstanding case/project management skills
Effective communication skills (written and verbal) including actively listening.
Strong team focus that assists to foster a sense of community within the firm.
Accepts and adapts to feedback regarding work performance
Fluency of the English language in both written and verbal forms.
Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Proficient with the use of case management and data management systems.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.