Employment Attorney at RingCentral
Belmont, CA, USA
06 Jan → 05 Feb
It’s not every day that you consider starting a new career. We’re RingCentral, and we’re happy that someone as talented as you is considering this role. First, a little about us, we’re the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Employee Success Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
RingCentral is looking for a seasoned, practical Employment Attorney to join our legal team as our employment law senior team lead. This individual must be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast paced culture. This position is based in our headquarters in Belmont, California and will report directly to our VP, Chief Compliance Officer.
- Advise on all legal aspects of domestic and foreign employment and labor law issues, including recruiting, hiring, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, employee privacy, contingent workforce issues, terminations, mergers and acquisitions, diversity and inclusion, and immigration
- Be a trusted partner with the Employee Success and Sales Operations teams to evaluate and implement employment, recruiting and compensation practices, policies, and processes
- Manage and advise on investigations and respond to employment-related claims, demand letters, administrative complaints, audits, and other inquiries
- Manage labor and employment litigation matters with in-house and outside litigation counsel
- Collaborate with local counsel in multiple countries to advise the Employee Success team and management on international employment and immigration issues
- Develop and conduct training and education programs for employees relating to employment and compliance matters
Requirements / Qualifications
12+ years experience practicing U.S. employment law at a nationally recognized law firm and in-house. International employment law experience and ethics and compliance experience are huge pluses
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization, including the ability to draft multiple types of documents that are precise yet also concise and digestible by non-lawyers
Intellectually curious, with an unrelenting desire to learn new things and face unfamiliar challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; exceptional business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and functions of the Company
Benefits/What We offer
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid time off
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.