Tax Compliance Manager at Booking Holdings
Norwalk, CT, USA
06 Jan → 05 Feb
Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands – Booking.com, KAYAK, priceline, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
The Booking Holdings Tax Team continues to grow; this tax manager role will assist with the ever changing landscape of federal and state income tax reporting. The role will be multifaceted but will primarily deal with state income tax issues (compliance, regulatory, and controversy). This role will assist with onboarding of new entities into the Booking Holdings organization, which may include working with other teams, addressing tax filing requirements, and making recommendations to address tax issues.
- Coordination with Big 4 firms for preparation & review of state income tax. Familiarity with the US Federal income tax and informational returns is a plus
- Assist with managing the U.S. tax compliance process in an accurate and timely fashion, including compilation of supporting data, maintenance and monitoring of book/tax differences, state tax modifications, and attributes
- Ability to research complex state tax issues and develop memorada to support the conclusion. Maybe asked to assist the Federal team research issues or find required support for tax positions
- Assist with state income tax nexus studies and ability to identify nexus creating events
- Research and provide assistance, as needed, with hotel occupancy and sales/use taxes. Familiarity with hotel occupancy tax is a plus
- Manage inquiries from state taxing authorities, including developing responses and gathering the requested information for audits. Develop and provide timely responses to taxing authority notices; while keeping tax leadership apprised of audit progress
Requirements / Qualifications
Licensed CPA or MST
Big 4 public accounting experience
Broad tax technical background and experience
Working knowledge of state income tax law. Familiarity with Federal Income tax regulations and tax reform issues is a plus
Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately manage competing priorities and internal and external deadlines
Experience with Alteryx, SAP, Oracle, OneStream, and OneSource Tax Provision software a plus
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.