Law Clerk at WilmerHale
New York, NY, USA
$49 - $62
31 Dec → 30 Jan
WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 12 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers work at the intersection of government, technology and business, and we remain committed to our guiding principles of providing quality, excellent legal and client services; developing diversity among our lawyers and staff and cultivating an environment that promotes an ambitious spirit, collaboration and collegiality by drawing on the extraordinary talents and dynamic experience of our lawyers. Our goal is to reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice.
The Law Clerk, a member of the Managing Attorney’s Office’s, provides litigation support to the firm’s robust and fast-paced litigation practice. Primary support includes: assistance with court filings and service of papers; review of local rules; frequent contact with court clerks; online research and case management; assistance with completing court forms and applications; and general administrative tasks.
Many of these responsibilities involve routine, manual processes that must be performed in order to keep systems operating efficiently and client relationships running smoothly. Some of these responsibilities are freestanding and assigned, and work thereon is performed independently. Other responsibilities are supervised by more senior members of the Managing Attorney’s Office.
- Complete court filings and service of court papers in compliance with applicable rules and procedures.
- Review local rules as necessary to confirm procedure.
- Access and review online court records.
- Frequent oral and written communication with attorneys and court clerks.
- Assist in the preparation of papers for court filings and service.
- Assist with the completion of department-specific projects.
- Contribute to the Firm’s overall initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally; displaying professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm, as well as external clients and vendors, via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
Requirements / Qualifications
The Law Clerk must exhibit familiarity with and a working understanding of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
He must be able to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision and be able to receive and act upon instructions from other members of the Managing Attorney’s Office.
He must be well organized, attentive to detail and capable of successfully completing assignments in a timely fashion, often under tight deadlines.
He must have a strong client-service orientation and be responsive to client needs.
He must also have excellent communication skills.
The Law Clerk must track time as a timekeeper, allocating it appropriately to client and departmental matters.
1-2 years working as a law clerk or other litigation support role preferred.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs