Attorney-Adviser at Federal Aviation Administration
Federal Aviation Administration
Washington, DC, USA
$88.211 - $136.714
30 Dec → 29 Jan
The FAA is an operating administration within the Department of Transportation (DOT) and a proud partner in the DOT mission to serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future. Specifically, the FAA mission is to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world. We are looking for an experienced environmental attorney to join our team.
- Serves as legal counsel providing authoritative advice and assistance to agency officials concerning airport and environmental law matters
- Performs full performance level assignments under limited direction. Serves as an individual contributor, team member, or project leader for routine assignments.
- Assesses legal strengths and weaknesses of available arguments to provide accurate, complete, and practical legal advice and conclusions
- Under limited direction from manager, provides timely and effective representational legal services to deliver benefits through technology and modernized National Airspace System infrastructure and timely legal services in processing grant enforcement proceedings under 14 CFR Part 16
- Keeps practice area and AGC management informed of client issues and activities that may or should be discussed at a higher management level
- Delegates work to the appropriate level for competent and timely completion
Requirements / Qualifications
JD Degree from an accredited law school
Admitted to practice before the bar of any U.S. jurisdiction or within the District of Columbia
Demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grad/pay band (FG/GS-12 or FV-H) that is typically related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of the position
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.