Counsel Technology Product and Marketing at Verizon
Irvine, CA, USA
30 Dec → 29 Jan
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Join our team. Verizon is seeking an experienced attorney to provide support and counseling for the Verizon Business Group Product and Marketing organization. Verizon delivers the promise of the digital world. Our superior networks give us a competitive edge in delivering the digital experiences that are vital to customers’ lives and business success. This is a unique position that will allow you to work in a global business that is at the juncture of Telecommunications and Information Technology.
- Review new products, services, and feature enhancements for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, company policies, and industry standards
- Manage internal and external stakeholder inputs and issue final legal approvals for product reviews, marketing content, and trials/proofs of concepts
- Participate and counsel clients through all stages of the product lifecycle (design, review, approve, go-to-market, and decommissioning)
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise clients on commercial arrangements with strategic product partners
- Coordinate with internal security, IT, audit, product, privacy, and other stakeholders as needed to remediate any deficiencies to support timely product launches and ongoing product compliance
Requirements / Qualifications
Member in good standing of a bar of at least one state
Six or more years of work experience
Relevant and recent legal practice experience with a corporate legal department or law firm, preferably supporting product, marketing, and/or new technology organizations
Knowledge of FTC and FCC consumer protection laws, general marketing laws and standards, data privacy laws, security compliance requirements, relevant industry standards, such as HIPAA and PCI regulations
Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and communicate legal requirements without losing focus of client objectives
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.