Adjunct - Kline School of Law - MLS Course Development at Drexel University
Philadelphia, PA, USA
$53 - $70
30 Dec → 29 Jan
Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Founded in 2006, the Thomas R. Kline School of Law at Drexel University offers an ABA-accredited Juris Doctor (J.D.) program in law, together with other graduate programs in law. This position is in connection with the Kline’s online Master of Legal Studies program and/or companion Certificate and specialized LL.M program.
The online adjunct faculty member, who reports to the Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Online Education, is responsible for implementing the mission of the Kline School of Law. To that end, each adjunct faculty member will employ a variety of strategies to foster student learning and engagement in an online environment, will evaluate student work, and will provide students with timely feedback as to their progress toward meeting the course learning objectives. Each adjunct faculty member is responsible for creating a course syllabus in accordance with University guidelines, developing the online course in the Learning Management System with the assistance of Kline’s instructional design team, teaching the course after the development is completed (usually the following term), being available to students, maintaining accurate documentation of course records to justify grades submitted, submitting student grades in accordance with University policy, and any other duties related to the development or teaching of the course as assigned by the Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Online Education.
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Applications for Adjunct Faculty are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the Associate Dean of Graduate Studies when openings become available.
- Develop and/or teach online course in the online Master of Legal Studies/Certificate/Specialized LL.M program.
- Teach required number of credit hours per term based on their contract.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to teaching in an asynchronous online environment, curriculum development, and assessment.
- Evaluate student achievement of curricular learning objectives/outcomes.
- Maintain communication with the Associate Dean, Graduate Studies and Online Education or the Associate Director of Graduate Studies regarding any course or student issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
Law Degree, J.D.
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs