Lead Intellectual Property and Product Paralegal at Under Armour
30 Dec → 29 Jan
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Lead Paralegal will interface with supported business units in accordance with their responsibilities and support in-house counsel in the clearance, registration, maintenance and enforcement of Under Armour’s Intellectual Property portfolio.
- Prepare and file trademark filings, including via the Madrid Protocol
- Manage payments of foreign renewal and maintenance fees through CPA Global
- Support and assist with US and foreign trademark litigation and trademark office proceedings, including collection and review of documents and other materials
- Assist with drafting legal documents, including cease and desist letters, fame affidavits, and Notices of Opposition
- Conduct and analyze U.S. and international product clearance screenings to determine availability of proposed trademarks, taglines, product names, and other consumer facing content
- Communicate with internal clients regarding proper use of trademarks and other intellectual property in marketing materials and placement on products
- Liaise with outside law firms, vendors, and internal business partners as needed for pending prosecution and enforcement matters, including requesting periodic status updates and ensuring that the docket is updated accordingly
Requirements / Qualifications
Undergraduate degree from 4-year college or university required, legal courses a plus
A minimum of 5 years of experience in-house or law firm focusing on trademark law; patent and/or advertising experience a plus
Knowledge and experience with electronic matter management systems and with trademark docketing systems (FoundationIP preferred, or others that may include CPI, PATTSY)
Proficient with Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Paralegal experience preferred
Commissioned Notary Public a plus
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.