Court Reporter at Denton County
Denton County, TX, USA
27 Dec → 26 Jan
The Court Reporter is responsible for capturing a verbatim record of live court proceedings and providing real time updates to the judge. This position tracks and maintains exhibits and prepares accurate transcriptions of required proceedings for attorneys and/or court of appeals. Court reporter attends sessions of court, records examinations, testimonies, and judicial opinions, judge's charges to the jury, and judgments or sentence of court.
- Transcribes any records ordered by the judge, attorneys, or parties to the cases; proofreads rough drafts; researches and corrects transcripts
- Marks and maintains exhibits as necessary; copies exhibits that have been admitted into evidence as part of record production; maintains care and custody of exhibits and files with Clerk's office
- Takes dictation by judge and court investigator's reports
- Files reporter records and correspondence with the Court of Appeals
- Backs up all files at end of day and files all admitted exhibits
Requirements / Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED, completion of some college level course work and a minimum five years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required
Certification as a Shorthand Reporter by the Supreme Court of Texas
Must be able to pass a State Criminal History background check. (County Court at Law #2 requirement)
Certification as a Merit Reporter and Real-time Reporter preferred
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.