Tax Services Manager at EY
Houston, TX, USA
27 Dec → 26 Jan
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world, applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute—building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
We’re interested in people with initiative who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You’ll need strong communication skills and the ability to handle information and data from multiple sources. If you’re ready to further build on your professional competencies, this role is for you.
- Participate in client-facing meetings
- Communicate engagement expectations to assigned analysts and/or seniors
- Prepare engagement contracts and agreements
- Own client communications and drive solutions, focus on client deliverables and status against plan
- Manage to projected budget and ability to forecast budget changes
- Manage junior staff in actively maintaining compliance calendar (EY Decisions), monitoring deadlines, raising issues to next level, pulling reports for client delivery
- Build client relationships through technical and business expertise
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or years equivalent experience
Minimum 6 years of experience in a professional services or tax services organization
CPA, JD, Enrolled Agent or other appropriate designation required
Strong management skills needed to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
High degree of efficiency and ability to design and implement improvements in various tasks/processes on engagements
Commit to periodic travel (25%)
Benefits/What We offer
Medical and dental coverage
Pension and 401(k) plans
Paid time off options
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.