Marketing and Trademark Attorney at HP
Spring, TX 77373, USA
$129.200 - $187.000
27 Dec → 26 Jan
At HP Inc. we believe that technology should make life better for everyone everywhere. We aim for excellence through collaboration and believe that by melding the best and the brightest talent, enriched by diverse backgrounds and perspectives of every kind, we can succeed in understanding what matters the most to our customers and to every individual across society. While HP’s roots started in Silicon Valley, today we have a broad reach that spans around the globe, and the HP brand is known worldwide as a symbol of innovation and highest ethical standards. HP was recognized as one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, and the brand was ranked 65th on Interbrand’s Best Global Brands list for 2020. HP’s primary business lines include home and office printers, print supplies, personal computers, OMEN gaming computers, HyperX gaming accessories, industrial printers, and 3D printing technology. HP has a rare opportunity for a talented Marketing Attorney to join its Trademark, Copyright and Marketing team in Global Legal Affairs.
Where legally permitted, an offer of employment is conditional upon you providing proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC) as of your first day of employment.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, especially those relating to marketing and advertising, events, sponsorships, content licensing (both inbound and outbound), influencers, brand ambassadors, and social media
- Provide advice on advertising issues, disclaimers and disclosures, claims substantiation, environmental and sustainability advertising, and consumer protection issues. Collaborate with Marketing paralegals on marketing asset reviews.
- Draft and review contest rules and promotions.
- Conduct online, worldwide trademark searches and provide clear, business-focused advice and risk analyses
- Draft and negotiate brand license agreements and provide strategic advice to clients on building and managing brand licensing programs
- Collaborate with TM paralegals and non-US counsel to prepare trademark applications, draft responses to office actions, develop evidence of use, and obtain registrations and renewals of trademarks; manage international trademark portfolio for one or more business units
- Assess, investigate and develop strategies for cease and desist letters, domain name proceedings, online marketplace takedowns, oppositions and other trademark and copyright enforcement activities; negotiate settlements and draft settlement agreements; act as trademark subject matter expert for litigation and customs matters
- Advise clients and cross-functional teams on marketing, trademark and copyright aspects of commercial transactions, product/service development, and business strategies; counsel on advertising, marketing and consumer protection issues
- Advise internal clients on legal and business issues and the implications of alternative positions to enable informed business decisions
- Assist in department process and systems improvement
- Develop training and train client groups, other team members and foreign agents
Requirements / Qualifications
A minimum of 6 years’ experience practicing marketing/trademark law in an in-house or law firm setting
Superior academic credentials and a willingness to learn and grow
Excellent communication skills; ability to build and foster strong relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels
General computer proficiency with Windows applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; significant experience with trademark search platforms (i.e., Corsearch)
Organized, detail-oriented, hard-working
Ability to work with little supervision, to multi-task and to take ownership of work in a fast-paced environment
Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills and collegial mindset
Ability to explain and simplify complex legal concepts for internal clients in a practical way, focusing on balancing legal risks and business objectives.
Business focus and pragmatism; enthusiasm for Brand Marketing
Licensed and in good standing to practice law in relevant jurisdiction
Experience with music licensing and sports marketing/licensing a plus
Experience with eSports/gaming a plus
Benefits/What We offer
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs