Senior Environmental Investigator at State of Indiana
State of Indiana
Indianapolis, IN, USA
24 Dec → 23 Jan
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a Senior Environmental Investigator, you will perform highly responsible investigative work requiring expert knowledge of state and federal statutes, rules and procedures relating to environmental issues as enforced by the Department of Environmental Management. You will perform overt and covert investigations in highly sensitive areas, interacting with persons or corporate staff targeted for criminal or civil action violations. You are the primary case agent for an assigned regional area with responsibility for all elements of the criminal or civil investigation from initial report up to prosecution or administrative action.
- Investigate criminal and civil complaints on behalf of the Commissioner and develop cases for civil or criminal action or administrative adjudication
- Interview all complainants, accused, and witnesses involved with criminal or civil violations
- Keep abreast of federal and state statutes, rules, and procedures by a systematic and documented review of available data
- Plan and direct the assigned investigation including supervision of lower-level investigative or environmental staff
- Prepare all documentation, including affidavits for search warrants, case reports, witnesses, and evidence lists, and test results for the county prosecuting attorney, the Attorney General’s staff or Department of Environmental Management legal staff
Requirements / Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, criminology, forensic studies, police administration
Five years of full-time professional experience in Law Enforcement Agency or Four years full time professional experience as criminal investigator in Law Enforcement Agency or full time Admin/Managerial law enforcement experience within environment hazardous materials program
Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws, rules and regulations relevant to the Department of Environmental Management’s enforcement mission
Thorough knowledge of case preparation, court procedures, rules of evidence and legal proceedings
Benefits/What We offer
Three medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
Two fully-funded pension plan options
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.