Real Estate Attorney at TJX Companies
Framingham, MA, USA
23 Dec → 22 Jan
Discovery is at the core of everything we do - whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense.
Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what difference can mean for you.
We are seeking a Real Estate Attorney to provide legal counsel and guidance to TJX’s property development group and other TJX departments on all aspects of real estate leasing, acquisition, management, development and disposition.
This position primarily drafts and negotiates real estate related contracts for TJX’s operations in the US and Canada and provides legal counsel and guidance on all real estate related matters for stores, offices and distribution centres.
- Legal review, drafting and negotiation of all real estate contracts for TJX and its US and Canadian divisions including the following:
- Leases and other related documents for stores, corporate offices, US and Canadian buying offices, warehouses, and distribution centers
- Amendments to leases including extensions, rent adjustments, store expansions and reductions, and lease modifications related to the redevelopment of shopping centers
- Waiver letters related to use restrictions and exclusives at shopping centers
- Estoppel certificates and non-disturbance agreements with lenders and property owners
- Subleases and assignments of leases to third parties
- License agreements for use of parking lots for distribution centers and storage trailers outside stores during peak seasons
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to management regarding landlord/tenant/subtenant notices and disputes
- Evaluate use restrictions affecting stores with TJX merchandising departments
- Counsel various departments (including real estate, lease administration, tax and CAM audit) regarding the interpretation of lease and other contractual provisions
- Assist with the resolution of contractual disputes and the exercise of rights under real estate contracts or pursuant to applicable law
- Review litigation strategies and/or settlement options with outside counsel and TJX managers regarding disputed business matters
Requirements / Qualifications
Law Degree Required
Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts, or eligible for Massachusetts In-House Counsel Registration
3-4 years of legal experience in real estate required; large law firm experience preferred
Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
Attention to detail and experience in drafting a variety of real estate documents
Self-motivated and able to work independently
Ability to work in a team environment with other legal groups and business partners at TJX
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.