Legal Counsel at Betterment LLC
New York, NY, USA
$110.000 - $150.000
22 Dec → 21 Jan
You are an outstanding attorney looking to join a category-creating company that is making investing smarter, easier, and more accessible for everyone. You are a problem solver with excellent legal judgment and outstanding attention to detail. You are mission-driven, business-oriented, independent, and quick to learn.
You can communicate clearly and persuasively to a wide variety of audiences.
You can thrive in a dynamic, technology-driven environment and are comfortable taking action in the face of ambiguity. You are eager to make an impact and are always seeking new and improved ways of doing things.
You are adept at managing competing priorities and thrive on building processes to standardize recurring tasks.
- Navigate legal and regulatory requirements, operational issues, and related matters
- Support Betterment for Business, our 401(k) business line, as it scales
- Evaluate and advise on legal issues pertaining to our retirement plan programs, including ERISA
- Negotiate complex commercial agreements and advise our client success and sales teams
- Build and improve our standard form agreements and legal processes
- Assist our product organization in developing and implementing new features and products, including drafting customer agreements, disclosures, and related documentation
- Help to resolve and avoid potential disputes
- Collaborate with outside counsel when necessary
Requirements / Qualifications
A JD, admission to a state bar, and at least 4 years of relevant in-house or firm experience
An adaptable mindset and innate curiosity
A bias toward action and solving problems, not just issue spotting
The ability to take ownership over your work and manage projects independently
Excellent writing ability
Comfort navigating complexity and creating simplicity where possible
Passion for Betterment’s product and mission
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.