Law Firm Administrator at Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP
Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP
Washington, DC, USA
$66.000 - $92.000
22 Dec → 21 Jan
Harmon, Curran, Spielberg & Eisenberg, LLP, a boutique law firm in Washington, DC serving the nonprofit public interest community, is seeking a full-time Firm Administrator. Our firm specializes in nonprofit tax, election, and employment law for progressive organizations. The Firm Administrator works closely with the firm’s partners to oversee business operations including human resources, billing/accounting, financial planning, IT/facilities, and general administration. A successful candidate will have experience managing complicated projects and systems and be a strategic thinker who is also willing to be a hands-on member of the team. The Firm Administrator works under the direct supervision of the firm partners and manages a small team of administrative staff and vendors.
The below describes general job duties and responsibilities and is not a complete listing of job duties. Incumbents may be required to perform additional tasks related to these duties.
We are a group of attorneys and staff who believe deeply in our clients and want to help them achieve success. We are looking for a Firm Administrator who understands our attorneys, staff, and clients and aims to keep them happy through a smoothly running workplace. Candidates with the highest integrity and can-do attitude who have experience solving problems will succeed in this role. We are seeking candidates who can adapt to the current structure of our administrative team while thinking creatively about general operations to bring new efficiencies to the firm.
Harmon Curran is located in downtown Washington, DC and is easily accessible by public transportation. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, 3 weeks of vacation plus generous sick leave, generous medical benefits, 401(k) with match, and annual profit sharing. Due to COVID-19, our staff is currently working primarily remotely but the Firm Administrator will need to be in the DC office 2 days per week or more for various in-office tasks.
Please apply with resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applications without a cover letter demonstrating your specific interest in this role will not be considered.
Harmon Curran is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply, including people of color, women, and individuals with disabilities.
- Management of HR and personnel, including recruitment, training, performance evaluations, benefit plans, payroll, review and update of firm policies and procedures
- Oversight of accounting, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, management of outside bookkeeper on bank reconciliations and financial statements
- Management of financial planning, including annual budget preparation, consultation with accountant on tax returns, annual 1099s, oversight of 401(k) and profit-sharing administration, maintenance of internal financials controls and reports
- Liaison with IT managed services provider to maintain and make strategic decisions regarding the network, computers, phones, software, document management system, etc.
- General firm administration, including space planning, lease management, strategic planning, maintenance of firm insurance policies, marketing
- Collaboration with firm partners as a member of the leadership team to foster a culture promoting high morale and encouraging productivity and collegiality
Requirements / Qualifications
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity including demonstrated leadership skills in HR, IT, and operations
Experience with common business reports and/or basic accounting principles
Excellent computer skills including the ability to troubleshoot and learn new technology including PCLaw, Time Matters, and Worldox
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral) to interact with firm employees, clients, and vendors
Strong supervisory, organizational, and project management skills with great attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize
Ability to make sound business decisions and exercise judgment and discretion
Must have a positive, proactive attitude, be dependable and flexible, and exhibit a customer service focus to keep firm operations running smoothly and efficiently
Availability both before and after work hours as needed
Previous law firm or professional services experience is a plus
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs