Attorney at State of Indiana
State of Indiana
Indianapolis, IN, USA
21 Dec → 20 Jan
At the State of Indiana, we don’t just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an Attorney to join our team and help promote, protect and expand the human and legal rights of individuals with physical and mental disabilities by providing a full range of legal advocacy services within each of the agency administered advocacy programs.
As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
- Provides legal consultation to Information & Referral based on team assignment
- Serves as initial client contact and oversees management of case including identification and adherence to deadlines, identification and resolution of legal issues, and timely and accurate legal representation
- Serves as a secondary staff attorney to Civil Rights practice area as assigned
- Prepares and files legal pleadings in state and federal courts
- Serves as a primary staff attorney to the Abuse, Neglect and Discharge team
- Drafts and reviews legal publications and resources as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
Current license to practice law in Indiana
Specialized knowledge of federal and state disability rights law
Specialized knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations
Ability to collect information, investigate concerns related to disability rights, and maintain confidential files
Ability to represent individuals in negotiations, administrative due process proceedings and litigation
Benefits/What We offer
Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
New Parent Leave
12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.