This job post is no longer available
Corporate Counsel - Commercial & Sports Marketing at TaylorMade Golf
Carlsbad, CA, USA
$130.000 - $170.000
20 Dec → 19 Jan
Come join the legal team for the Best Performance Golf Brands in the world. TaylorMade Golf Company (“TaylorMade”) is looking for a Commercial and Sports Marketing Attorney to provide global legal support for TaylorMade and Adams Golf at TaylorMade’s headquarters, located in Carlsbad, California and reporting to the Associate General Counsel.
Education, Work Experience and Professional Certifications:
J.D. from a nationally accredited and recognized law school. Strong academic record.
4-6 years of legal practice, with emphasis on corporate law and transactional practice in an in-house and/or law firm setting, with significant responsibility handling own workload with minimum supervision.
Member, in good standing, of California bar, or other state’s bar with ability and commitment to register to practice in California pursuant to California’s in-house counsel registration requirements.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
Normal office conditions with extensive computer usage
Ability to work extended hours as necessary
Occasional travel required
Able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate TaylorMade commercial and business transaction contracts, including, sales, vendor, supplier, and sports marketing (Tour professionals) agreements
- Maintain and enforce TaylorMade’s sales policies in the United States and regions, monitoring changes in antitrust laws and business activities, and periodically enhancing competition policies and processes to adapt to changing risk environment
- Conduct and/or coordinate training to sales and customer service professionals on applicable company policies and laws in the United States and regions
- Oversight and support of commercial litigation
- Advise management across departments regarding how laws and regulations impact their functional area
- Manage the engagement of, and relations with, outside counsel on a variety of matters
- Manage a corporate paralegal
- Support foreign subsidiaries’ sales and commercial teams, handling a variety of commercial legal issues
- Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position
- Performs other responsibilities as required
Requirements / Qualifications
Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
Ability to issue spot legal issues arising from TaylorMade’s business activities and provide recommendations
Ability to exercise sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent time management and prioritization skills: ability to work effectively and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
High level of initiative and ability to work independently with appropriate supervision.
Strong interpersonal and team skills: ability to develop strong internal client relationships, and to work collaboratively with outside counsel, the Legal Department, and all other departments at TaylorMade.
Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Teams.
Technological savvy with an ability to learn new applications quickly.
Plays golf and/or loves sports with a strong interest in playing golf
How To Apply
Apply through LegalJobs.