Assistant General Counsel, Real Estate at Invenergy
Chicago, IL, USA
$93.000 - $130.000
31 Mar → 30 Apr
As an Assistant General Counsel, Real Estate you will provide professional legal advice, counsel, support and guidance to Invenergy’s business operations, focusing primarily on the real estate interests of the company as related to its energy generation and storage portfolio. In addition, you may assist with other general legal matters and various corporate transactions as they arise, and other matters of interest to the company.
This role may be located in either Invenergy’s Chicago, IL office or Invenergy’s Denver, CO office.
- Providing legal and strategic advice on real estate matters to the Company’s various commercial, operational, and administrative teams.
- Managing external counsel on real estate matters related to project development, project financings, and project operations.
- Drafting and negotiating various real estate agreements (including leases, easements, options, deeds and other documents).
- Drafting and negotiating various key project agreements (including shared facility and co-tenancy agreements, water supply agreements, tax abatement and other host community agreements, and impact mitigation agreements).
- Preparing and presenting on general legal and real estate topics.
Requirements / Qualifications
Minimum 7 years of relevant experience required, preferably within either a law firm or in a similar context that resulted in real world experience.
Proficiency in drafting and reviewing real estate and title curative documents.
Experience in reviewing title work and surveys , and general commercial contract development and negotiation.
Strong organizational, time management, and oral and written communication skills.
High attention to detail.
Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability and desire to work effectively in a team environment and with local constituents and decision makers.
Energy industry experience a plus.
Experience with multi-parcel real estate development is preferred.
Benefits/What We offer
Eligible for medical, dental, vision
Paid time off
How To Apply
Apply directly through the LegalJobs website