This job post is no longer available
Director of Operations - Remote at Hiring & Empowering Solutions, LLC
Hiring & Empowering Solutions, LLC
$60.000 - $91.000
26 Apr → 26 May
We are looking for an Operations Director to work directly with the Law Firm Owner to oversee the firm's administrative and business aspects. The Director of Operations/Law Firm Administrator will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the firm's day-to-day operations and implementing firm policies. The position encompasses various activities involving all administration phases, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems. We need someone with the experience and maturity to work closely with the owner and key staff on strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making.
The Operations Director role is a key executive of the senior management team, reporting only to the owner. This position aims to secure the functionality of the business to drive extensive and sustainable growth and achieve the business plan goals. You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. We want to meet you if you have excellent people skills, business acumen, and work ethic.
About the Firm
We are a small law firm with over 60 years of combined experience in our practice area. We help veterans, and their dependents and survivors, obtain the disability compensation benefits that they are entitled to and deserve from the US Department of Veterans Affairs. We help veterans across the country and the world through our remote business model. The people on our team are genuinely committed to our mission and bring a high energy, empathy, and enthusiasm to that work.
Why Join Our Firm?
- You prize working in a 100% remote environment.
- You want a healthy work culture that never gives up, has a can-do attitude, embraces out-of-the-box thinking, has integrity, and expects exceptional teamwork.
- You are passionate about the opportunity to be a leader in a fast-growing organization that SERVES VETERANS and their families.
- You would value collaborating within a full, experienced C-Suite (CEO, COO, CFO, and CMO) to achieve firm goals and grow your skills.
- You want to participate in a national monthly coaching program for professional legal administrators and quarterly academy training that provides opportunities to develop operational skills specific to the legal industry.
- You are excited to earn performance-based, quarterly bonuses that reward your accomplishments.
- You want to have 10 PTO days in your first year and nine paid holidays to enjoy your life for your first two years of employment.
- You desire a stipend to choose your own quality medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- You would utilize a 401K plan for your own retirement (after one year).
- Execute the firm’s business plan and meet quarterly marketing, sales, people leadership, production, and physical space management metrics.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Supervise the work of the non-lawyer support staff and vendors.
- Lead recruitment, hiring, staffing, and general human resources operations, including payroll and benefits.
- Ensure the Firm’s business systems and processes are fully documented in writing, organized, and followed.
- Ensure clients and matters move through the workflow pipeline at the right pace.
- Oversee financial operations with mastery of financial reporting and accounting principles.
- Manage remote operations effectively.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Management, Business Management, Human Resources, or another related field is required, an MBA is desireable
- Prior experience running a client-facing professional services firm or a division or department of a mid-sized/large professional services firm (law firm experience is a plus!)
- SHRM or HRCI certifications are a plus!
- Military service is a plus!
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with the following:
- Managing a team of at least 30, with autonomy to hire and fire.
- Designing, monitoring, and reconciling a budget of at least $6 million (this is crucial).
- Comfortability in and passion for a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- Advising & decision-making in a senior management role.
- Designing, executing, monitoring, and achieving business plans.
- Understanding key financial reports to monitor and drive the business.
- Using leadership & management best practices.
- Assuring the quality of workflow systems.
- Managing a wide variety of projects effectively.
- Leading people effectively, including recruiting the right people, developing them into great team members, and retaining them over time. This includes ensuring that all federal and state HR laws are followed, and risks are minimized.
We understand the complexities of navigating new opportunities in the legal space. You can trust that all employment inquiries are kept strictly confidential.
Should your application be considered by the firm for final consideration, written permission to conduct abackground check will be requested.
The compensation, bonus, and work/life integration plan are conditional on your previous background.
Apply today, and let's discuss why this incredible firm is the opportunity you've been looking for!
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- How many years of senior-level decision-making and leadership experience managing at least 20+ people in a client-facing, service-oriented professional office environment with an annual operating budget of at least $6M?
- P&L Management: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote