Everything You Need to Know About Environmental Law Jobs in 2023
Passionate about the environment? Want to save the sharks? See the list of environmental law jobs and be a part of the change!
Found 2 jobs
12 Feb → 13 Mar
What we are looking for
Are you looking for a career that will make an impact globally and within your local community? SCS is on the forefront of developing sustainable environmental protection practices by working with industry and regulatory agencies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and optimize operations at solid waste facilities.
At SCS, our workplace culture is guided by three core principles; trust, care, and grow. We are searching for an Entry-Level Engineer for our Little Rock office who seeks to advance their career through training, mentoring, and experience in the field and office. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, team-focused, and humble.
As an Entry-Level Engineer you will provide engineering/design support to the Little Rock team within our existing solid waste practice which is focused on providing engineering services to private and municipal clients in the landfill, landfill gas, compost and solid waste management industries. Potential projects include providing solutions related to stormwater, industrial wastewater, air quality, compliance, permitting, design, construction, operations and environmental monitoring.
How you can make an impact
You will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and support civil and environmental project work including:
- Landfill, landfill gas collection and control system, industrial wastewater, and stormwater permitting and design, including construction plans, specifications, and construction documents.
- Prepare solid waste facility and environmental control system infrastructure permit applications and/or regulatory agency submittals and develop responses with supporting documentation.
- Collect samples from hazardous and non-hazardous sites, including: soil, air, surface water, groundwater, and landfill gas.
- Oversee drilling activities involving monitoring and well installation, borehole logging, well development, and sampling.
- Conduct and document construction quality assurance observations to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Complete quality control reviews on all work products (reports, design plans, design calculations, data, etc.) prior to submission.
- Independently coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, and clients with project manager support and oversite.
- Coordinate with GIS and CAD drafters for design plans/figures or use AutoCAD or ArcGIS for basic design plans/ figures.
- Prepare permit applications and/or regulatory agency submittals and responses with supporting documentation and engineering analysis as requested.
- Prepare calculations in support of design documents and reports as requested.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or Geotechnical Engineering or related major required.
- Preference for individuals with at least 3 months of relevant solid waste, environmental and/or engineering internship, work and/or research experience.
- Ability to learn AutoCAD or comparable software experience is required.
- Preference for individuals who have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam.
- Valid Driver’s License with a driving record in good standing required.
Whether it’s reducing methane emissions at agricultural facilities and landfills, repurposing contaminated properties, producing alternative energy, or sequestering carbon, we’ve been focused on finding intelligent climate solutions and improving the natural environment since our inception over 50 years ago. Join our 100% employee-owned firm and start creating your own legacy. As a growing firm, we offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a competitive package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401K including employer match and 100% employer-funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Annual Bonus Program
- Student Debt Employer Contribution Program
- Paid holidays, PTO, and Paid Parental Leave
The pay for this position is around $60k, depending on experience and location. This does not include potential bonuses or our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact us about your interest in employment at [email protected].
12 Feb → 13 Mar
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Entry Level Environmental Control System Engineer located at our Mesa, AZ site.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Supports the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid system and thermal environment.
Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system designs/proposals to provide design documentation and high-level requirements to downstream users/customers.
Performs limited detail design development and modification of mechanical and fluid system installations.
Supports team in performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of mechanisms/landing gear/ordinance systems.
Assists in preparing technical documents for mechanical components and systems.
Assists in supporting proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
Works under close supervision
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Experience with structural/thermal analysis
Experience with 3D solid modeling software applications (e.g. NX, Catia, CADD)
Bachelor’s degree within Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering Discipline
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $64,450 - $88,550
Applications for this position will be accepted until February 15, 2024
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.